Tree Care Calendar – 2013
|Fruit Tree Care|
* IPS / Mountain pine beetleIPS / Mountain pine beetle
Time: 6:43 pm
* Mountain Pine Beetle SprayMountain Pine Beetle Spray
Time: 6:51 pm
Apply preventive spray to high profile and mature pines.
* Spring Deep Root FertilizationSpring Deep Root Fertilization
Time: 6:42 pm
Fertilize selected trees and shrubs by soil injection with fertilizer and water, Ferroline micronutrients and mychorrizae root soil inoculant help promote root growth.
* Suburban Watering RestrictionsSuburban Watering Restrictions
Time: 3:22 pm
Arvada Bow Mar Centennial Cherry Hills Village Edgewater Glendale Greenwood Village Lakewood Littleton Lone Tree Wheat Ridge
* Graduation Party Yard PrepGraduation Party Yard Prep
Time: 5:45 pm
* Weed Control - LawnWeed Control - Lawn
Time: 7:06 pm
A target herbicide is used to kill broadleaf weeds while preserving grass.
* Free mulch in Aurora - MayFree mulch in Aurora - May
Time: 11:39 am
E. Hampden Avenue and Dawson Street, near the water treatment facility in Aurora. Bring your pick-up, truck or open trailer between 8 and 12 and a loader will be on hand to pile it on. Mulch pile is accessible 24/7, just bring your own shovel.
* Mulch around treesMulch around trees
Time: 8:18 pm
Lightly mulch no more than a half an inch in depth and no mulch should touch the trunk.
* Cytospora Canker - How to TellCytospora Canker - How to Tell
Time: 12:48 pm
Common host is cottonwood. Oozing yellowish liquid is present, bark will have a yellow to orange/blackish color.
* Keep your Lawn Healthy in Bad Keep your Lawn Healthy in Bad
Time: 3:04 pm
* New Lawn Service TrendsNew Lawn Service Trends
Time: 3:21 pm
The most overlooked aspect of spring lawn care is weed prevention: the key to a lawn free of crabgrass and other stubborn un-wanteds that crop up in the yard when the heat is really on in July.
* Aphid Control - 1st SprayAphid Control - 1st Spray
Time: 4:50 pm
Traditional start date for aphid control is June 1st. In 2012, aphid calls started coming in in late April. If you see aphids on your pine pine, cottonwood, or aspen , let us know. Inspect trees for aphids and other chronic pests. Apply to the foliar area of trees and shrubs until wet that showed signs of aphids, mites, and caterpillars. Stay away from treated areas until dry.
* Walnut Tree Disease RemovalWalnut Tree Disease Removal
Time: 8:04 pm
All the walnut trees In Denver are likely going to die. if you notice twig beetles and sores on the branches, remove it immediately. It has to be brought to a quarantine area to be properly chipped.
* Beware of carbaryl based sprayBeware of carbaryl based spray
Time: 3:07 pm
Carbaryl, used in brand name products Sevin, is the standard mountain pine beetle treatment and has been used in agriculture since the 1950’s. However, permethrin, a new chemical found in Astro and other products has gained steam because over the last decade because of it’s lower toxicity, easier clean-up and the near parity in effectiveness. Click to read the rest
* Add ladybugs to prevent aphidsAdd ladybugs to prevent aphids
Time: 8:08 pm
Ladybugs are the natural predators of aphids. Buy some and release them at dusk.
* Drought and Pine BeetleDrought and Pine Beetle
Time: 6:28 pm
Drought is Helping the Pine Beetle Epidemic by causing drought stress. Pine trees can pitch out bark beetles using resin if they are healthy.
|Fruit Tree Care|