Tree Care Calendar – 2014
|Fruit Tree Care|
* Horticultural OilsHorticultural Oils
Time: 6:41 pm
Horticultural oils or dormant oils are an ancient method of to control insect populations on trees and plants.
* Bush Trimming/Pruning FAQBush Trimming/Pruning FAQ
Time: 3:02 pm
Article from our Littleton tree care blog about different cuts and approaches we use.
* Spring Deep Root FertilizationSpring Deep Root Fertilization
Time: 6:42 pm
Fertilize selected trees and shrubs by soil injection with fertilizer and water, Ferroline micronutrients and mychorrizae root soil inoculant help promote root growth.
* Elm Scale Using Dormant OilElm Scale Using Dormant Oil
Time: 6:06 pm
This prevents bad looking leaves on elm by applying an early spring dormant oil treatment before beetles emerge. Click to watch video
* Scale ControlScale Control
Time: 6:36 pm
Applied dormant for needle (pine) oystershell (aspen) and apple scale. Dormant oil traps overwintering insects within your tree suffocating them when they emerge.
* Prune Fruit TreesPrune Fruit Trees
Time: 7:14 pm
Fruit trees are trimmed in winter after the leaves have fallen to prevent the transmission of blight and other airborne fungal diseases
* Trim American elm and hawthornTrim American elm and hawthorn
Time: 7:23 pm
Both these benefit, from a winter trim, as it help rpevent the spread of disease
* Get a Lawn Service PlanGet a Lawn Service Plan
Time: 3:04 pm
Moderate spraying, well timed lawn fertilization and thinkign ahead can save you hundreds in lawn services. is your current company over-spraying your lawns? Get a free evaluation from us and find out.
* 10% Winter Discount Ends Today10% Winter Discount Ends Today
Time: 9:44 am
Work must be scheduled by March 14, 2014. It can be completed after that date as along as you get on our schedule.
* Spring Lawn AerateSpring Lawn Aerate
Time: 5:51 pm
This will be done once ground thaws. Plugs need to be around 2 inches deep. Avoid new sod and mid-summer aeration to prevent spreading of weed seeds.
* Inspect for broken branchesInspect for broken branches
Time: 7:16 pm
Removing dead branches and brushing heavy snows from your evergreen branches will prevent snow breakage
* Rake LeavesRake Leaves
Time: 7:25 pm
Raking stray leaves will help grass and trees by eliminating one of the main factors of disease transmission; dried out , dead leaves
Mycorrhizae is a beneficial fungus that helps in the development of feeder roots which are the tiny strand like roots at the end of the main roots.
* Winter WateringWinter Watering
Time: 6:29 pm
Add water into the root zone of trees. Help trees survive the dry winter. This is an overlooked organic practice anyone can adopt.
* Recipes organic pesticidesRecipes organic pesticides
Time: 7:09 am
Organic pesticides and fertilizers are sometimes effective. If they worked as well as commercially available pesticides, we'd uses them more.
* Apply MeritApply Merit
Time: 5:50 pm
Apply Merit into the soil zone around the tree for year long control of aphids and minimizing foliar spraying.
* Emerald Ash BorerEmerald Ash Borer
Time: 10:13 am
Emeralds ash borer was found in Colorado on September 20, 2013. Here is what you need to know
* Ash Tree CareAsh Tree Care
Time: 5:57 pm
Ash Tree Health Care - The health of your ash tree is hampered when it is stressed from dryness or is lacking nutrients. This makes it a prime target for lilac/ash borer.
* Trim maples before they bleedTrim maples before they bleed
Time: 6:21 pm
Trimming maples in march prevents bleeding. Avoid trimming right before dormancy in October.
* Tree Planting - Spring Tree Planting - Spring
Time: 7:43 pm
plants as early as the thawing ground allows. Click on this entry to see a list of recommended trees for Denver
* Lawn Aeration Sign UpLawn Aeration Sign Up
Time: 9:53 am
We are expecting to start lawn aeration in Denver the week of April 17th, 2014, depending on ground thaw. sign up today to get on the schedule
* Pre – Emergent Lawn FertPre – Emergent Lawn Fert
Time: 3:24 pm
In spring, your lawn is developing roots below the soil zone. That makes it a great time to fertilize as it builds a strong root foundation.
* IPS Beetle Spray #1IPS Beetle Spray #1
The IPS beetle can be active from March through October in Denver. This makes a two treatments necessary in some areas including Denver. Treatment by spraying is made to the bark and branches of mature pine and spruce.
* Aerations in DenverAerations in Denver
Time: 3:18 pm
Video on how aeration is a water conservation tool. Aerations in Denver: Simple Job Done Right. If the ground has thawed an aeration is a good idea.
|Fruit Tree Care|